- Not bad
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Latest version:
- 0.9.5.10 24/07/12
- Last month's downloads:
- more programs (17)
Source Filmmaker is fully compatible with:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
You'll also need:
|Memory:||2 GB||4 GB|
|Free space:||15 GB|
Source Filmmaker is also compatible with
Versions of Source Filmmaker
|Source Filmmaker 0.9.5.10 24/07/12||Free||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- added models and materials from Team Fortress 2’s pyro update
- fixed a crash in koth_badlands
- removed arena logic from arena maps to allow players to spawn in those maps
- fixed ambient occlusion on some partially transparent models
- fixed some cases where the escape key would sometimes unload the map
- fixed movie export to work with sequences that don’t start at time 0
- fixed a hang in the startup wizard dialog
The Source Filmmaker requires the Steam app: http://steam.en.softonic.com/
Review last updated: 24/07/12
- Powerful editing tools
- Intuitive controls (after you've learned them)
- Imports levels and characters from your favorite Valve games
- Difficult learning curve
- Requires good graphics card
"Source filmmaker is a great animator for people who love video games."
Source Filmmaker is one of the best tools of free-animation today.
Sure it's limited to Team Fortress 2, but with a bit of file knowledge in coding you could import any model and any map you'd like.
Source Filmmaker has grown over the years, as the Saxxy Awards 2013 was hosted recently. The winners blew my mind away with their crazy animation skills.
About how it works, SFM has a very unique lip-sync feature. If you import a model from Team Fortress 2, select the face bones, and add audio, Source Filmmaker will automatically sync the sound with the lips and mouth. This is probably one of the best features in animating for this program.
A downside about the animation is that you cannot resize models. To do it you'd actually have to go into a 3D modeler/animator and resize the model then reimport it back into SFM.
Source Filmmaker is quite intuitive (as you said in the review) and if anyone puts their mind to it great things can happen. Great things.
Source filmmaker is easy flow with installation. All that is needed is a steam account and about six GB of storage on your computer. It's a little hard to get the hang of but there are amazing tutorials on youtube.
The appearance is a little shaky. A plain, gray background welcomes you upon start.
One of the best parts about this is the finished product. The exported 720p quality videos are the smoothest things you ever saw. For some reference to how nice these come out, watch this trailer by animator James Mcvinnie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmVsOl9qAhs
The actual application, however, is a bit slow. With a slow computer it's a little hard to animate with this program.
Overall, this animator gets a 9.0 out of 10. With some program downsides and a little bit of lack in animation tools, this is still a great program.
- Videos are exported in very high quality.
- an infinite amount of tools gives great opportunity to make good animations.
- Appearance. Too gray.
- A little slow and takes a while to start up.
- 15 Dec 2013
Articles Source Filmmaker
Questions and answers Source Filmmaker
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********
Discover alternatives to and add-ons for Source Filmmaker
Searches Source Filmmaker
- shortcut video editor
- 3d character generator
- source filmmaker 0.9.5.10
- film trailer maker
- filme comedy youtube
- download s e x y film
- 3d animation movie maker
- film title maker
- animation character movie maker