Source Filmmaker is a video editing program that will allow you to create and animate films featuring your favorite levels and characters from Valve games.
If you're a fan of Team Fortress 2 or Half-Life and would like to make films with the characters, then Source Filmmaker will help you do just that. Load up your favorite map and start filming, although you'll probably want to check out Valve's excellent video tutorials first.
The Source Filmmaker has a high learning curve as there are no tutorials built into the application. If you poke around long enough, you'll probably be able to figure it out but watching the video tutorials definitely helps. Once you know the controls and shortcuts, Source Filmmaker is actually quite intuitive.
Valve and the Source Filmmaker have a large following so there are already thousands of user generated videos on Valve's YouTube channel. Users have made movie trailers, comedy sketches, and much more using the Source Filmmaker.
While the Source Filmmaker isn't a full fledged video editor, it makes creating video from Valve video game titles a breeze.
- added models and materials from Team Fortress 2’s pyro update
- fixed a crash in koth_badlands
- removed arena logic from arena maps to allow players to spawn in those maps
- fixed ambient occlusion on some partially transparent models
- fixed some cases where the escape key would sometimes unload the map
- fixed movie export to work with sequences that don’t start at time 0
- fixed a hang in the startup wizard dialog